segunda-feira, 3 de março de 2008

Hoje é dia nacional da Laurie Anderson. Porque sim.


It was a large room. Full of people.
All kinds.
And they had all arrived
at the same building
at more or less the same time.
And they were all free.
And they were all
asking themselves the same question:
What is behind that curtain?
You were born. And so you're free.

So happy birthday.




Sun's going down. Like a big bald head.
Disappearing behind the boulevard. (Oooeee.) It's Sharkey's night.
Yeah. It's Sharkey's night tonight. And the manager says: Sharkey?
He's not at his desk right now. (Oh yeah.) Could I take a message?

And Sharkey says: Hey, kemosabe! Long time no see.
He says: Hey sport. You connect the dots. You pick up the pieces.
He says: You know, I can see two tiny pictures of myself
And there's one in each of you eyes. And they're doin' everything I do.
Every time I light a cigarette, they light up theirs.
I take a drink and I look in and they're drinkin' too.
It's drivin' me crazy. It's drivin' me nuts.

And Sharkey says: Deep in the heart of darkest America.
Home of the brave. He says: Listen to my heart beat.

Paging Mr. Sharkey. White courtesy telephone please




Well I dreamed there was an island
That rose up from the sea.
And everybody on the island
Was somebody from TV.
And there was a beautiful view
But nobody could see.
Cause everybody on the island
Was saying: Look at me! Look at me!
Look at me! Look at me!







Sky-blue sky. satellites are out tonight. let x=x. you know, I could write a book. and this book would be think enough to stun an ox. cause I can see the future and its a place - about 70 miles of here.